How to use IgroDry; we have repeatedly made clear that the product is:
– a powerful healing walls valid to dry in a short time those walls that have strong wet ski, efflorescence of saltpetre and peeling paint and plaster
– a valuable mold good for a long time to resolve the problems of condensation and surface moisture which then lead to the subsequent colonization of fungi, pussy, algae and bacteria of the high walls of our areas.
Although the application is not critical, for its best efficiency and maximum performance we recommend to follow the instructions below.
The application methods (and the subsequent dose), They vary so that we are depending on the problem to solve.
How to treat the walls affected by moisture from rising
Preparation of masonry
To begin treatment is not particularly required preparation serves only:
– remove the plaster parts detached from the moisture already ’
– remove any impervious surface treatments (enamels, fixatives, films, wallpapers, Paint or waterproofing treatments)
– clean up coarsely and dust furniture with a brush or a broom
The product should be generally applied cold and in consecutive hands (we will explain later how), However, when the ambient temperature is below 10 ° C or if there is a real difficulty of product penetration (in the first hand), It is advisable to heat the product (at least 30 – 45° C); this would allow easier absorption and a more facilitated penetration of the surface layer (that is definitely dirty or clogged with salt crystals).
After the first coat the product should be no more heated as the surface pores are cleaned and released and the penetration will be much more fluent.
It should be noted that the temperature of the product application does not modify in any way the effectiveness of the treatment (warm it up if you do not need, is an excess of zeal that provides no practical benefit).
For application ’ go well:
– common brushes and flat brushes clean (or virgin)
– clean sponges and swabs (or virgin)
– of Paint rollers clean (or virgin)
These equipments have been listed in order of practicality and effectiveness and must be rigorously cleaned before this use (preferably new).
Methods of Use
To be clear right from the start
– denote by hand a complete coloring of the surface unit; in practice it brushes it horizontally and uniformly over the surface involved in the treatment, from top to bottom and without leaving any uncovered space.
– We denote by application a series of dates hands in succession and below; in practice repeat treatment more hands until you find that the wall is no longer accepting product or you find that the absorption is now limited or reduced.
Normally, on a damp wall medium, You should make at least 2 applications (more hands) Remote 24 – 48 l ’ a ’ from other (But even more depending on the response of the wall).
We repeat that each application consists of more hands to be given consecutively to the boundary saturation; in practice, it starts from the highest point (sbordando in high over the sign of damp of over 30 cm) and you brush a horizontally going down.
Arrived at the end, It starts from the starting point in succession until you notice that the wall does not absorb any more product (or absorbs less with ease).
At this point you stop, you let it dry and you are waiting for the accidental leakage of salnitri ’ (There are cases where the salnitri come out and not cases that emerge after many days), Remove and restart as all ’ start for at least one other application ’ (in severe cases can also serve 3 the 4 applications).
At the end of the treatment expects the wall begins to dry in depth (usually the wet line tends to subside gradually and smoothly).
Where you can see isolated wetlands, treat the only area of sbordando 10 – 15 cm and repeat several times after several hours until completely dry.
The treatment can be considered concluded when, After 24/48 hours from application ’, the wall is completely dry on the surface and do not occur salnitri spills even more in the days to come.
For months after treatment it is crucial to leave the healed area as possible away from furniture and paneling; this to facilitate the perspiration and the air circulation and avoid stagnation of humid air.
In this period also the air exchange in the environment will have to be increased by intensifying the frequency and duration of the opening of the windows.
In case of further spillage of salts or small areas circumscribed wet again, await further 12 hours and review new application on Sun still critical areas (sbordando a po’ as usual).
When a wall has started the process of drying and wet it is lowering line evenly and gradually there is ever reason that an isolated area can remain wet. If you encounter these areas, Although treated with many applications, that remain stubbornly moist, Verify that there is an internal leak due to faulty pipes, Seepages or leakages from surrounding areas (see to it that happens very frequently!).
we repeat that It is considered a single application passing more hands (Also in the near future of 5/6 minutes) in order to obtain a complete tinting (or saturation) Wall.
Repeat from being boring: the product must not be diluted under any circumstances and It must be applied in abundance and in any event in sufficient quantities, otherwise you may not get the desired results. Never save on quantity, always better a hand in more than one less: sand the wall dries, and then tends to return the moisture, means you have to thoroughly re-apply the product in the same mode.
To be more precise it is considered that one liter is able to remove more than 4 liters of water dispersed in the wall, overcoming these dilution ratios could get partial treatments and suboptimal or little lasting results.
In such cases, normally finds it hard masonry to dry (or it just dries initially then back wet) it is then convenient to apply further quantities of product and also later.
How to treat the walls affected by mold, mushrooms, algae, pussy
Preparation of masonry
Before starting the anti-mold treatment quote a surface washing is required to prevent, where molds are thick and dark, The wounded area go even dirtying the areas not colonized.
– immediately remove from molds thicker and bulging with a damp sponge product then rinse often on a large bowl avoiding as much as possible to make them dust and spread into the environment.
– If you have little product back surface cleaning with plenty of demineralized water (one for the iron steam iron to speak)
– As soon as the preventive surface cleaning immediately begin treatment without drying will wait
– never remove dry mold and without proper mask because of protection, besides damaging the health (these organisms are very toxic) autiamo the spread of spores (that would go to colonize areas still not attacked)
– Never use substances containing chlorine or bleach (because they are substances that facilitate the saline wet stagnation), or bicarbonates or table salt (They are also salts). Avoid home remedies like vinegar, lemon, oxygenated waters (which do not bring significant benefits and demonstrable).
After the preparation, even if the wall is still wet, you can immediately go to the treatment that should be carried out similarly to a painting, vale a dire 1 the 2 simple hands (3 the 4 in more severe cases and obstinate) applied by brush in the very near future.
You will notice that the product is very fluid and penetrating, and as soon as it was absorbed by the wall you can already proceed with the next hand without further delay.
After a while the wall will tend to lighten the surface drying which will dry out the roots of the bodies had settled. It will still take a few hours for the total detachment of any debris clung.
If they notice even the dark areas (after two days from the treatment), check if the surface the wall is dry, just remove debris with a brush; if however it turns wet, We recommend further treatment with other localized 2 hands and allow to dry.
– The product must not be in any case diluto with any type of substance (because it could result in the partial or total loss of efficacy of the product)
– The product racked for the wounded must not be tucked in the container of the product clean (possible loss of efficacy of the product)
– The product might fear frost then store in healthy or adequately heated environments
– The container is always closed after any withdrawals to avoid contamination from ambient dust ’, particles, bacteria, etc..
To get more insights not considered in this page can contact us
estimate, yield per sqm and quantity
To help the user ’ to do an estimate of the quantity of product which will serve, We have divided the project into four classes ’ (about four times of degradation) to apply, depending on the State of the brickwork to rehabilitate. Each package is tailored to a particular intervention and range is enough to rehabilitate about 10 m2 ammalorata masonry.
2,5 litres – For anti-mould intervention, antifungal, anticondensation paint: just one hand to treat masonry still does not become chronic and superficial type bathrooms molds, bedrooms and kitchens. L ’ anti-salt effect of the compound ensures a non-irritant and definitive treatment compared to chlorine-based products * (bleach) helping to prevent water stagnation issues running on walls and ceilings that could become chronic.
Being totally nontoxic and odorless allows the immediate use of ’ ’ environment without the need to ventilate.
*) The chlorine-based products, In addition to being irritating to the skin, for the respiratory system, to the eyes and mucous membranes, In addition to damages on the fabrics and furnishings, offers a limited effect over time further increasing the salt concentration in ’ plaster and as a consequence the stagnation of water required by mold
5 litres – For rising humidity recovery – mild intervention: need one application to escape all the salts will then a minimal amount that you will be using for ’ any retouching in the most critical points. (The second hand will go only where they escaped the salts). Always start the treatment from top to bottom and with an abundant unzipping of 20 cm beyond the initially wet spots.
10 litres – For rising humidity recovery – the average intervention: serve at least 2 Product applications to release all the salts and other coats only in more localized and critical points where it is noted further fuoriuscuta saline. In cases of medium gravity always start the treatment from top to bottom with an abundant unzipping of 40 cm beyond the initially wet spots.
20 litres – For cleansing from moisture or flooding lifts – serious intervention: need apply the product in abundance (even more than 2 applications) in cases of severely degraded or walls after a flood (in this case the treatment would cover smaller areas to 10 m2 estimated). In such cases, serious or desperate people always start the treatment by ’ top to bottom with an abundant unzipping of 60 cm beyond the initially wet spots.
Once treatment is completed and verified that the wall is back healthy, use a good water-based paint (where it can serve a good scrubbing), avoid and otherwise limit as much as possible the use of fixatives (used to facilitate the coverage of the paint) because it is a vinyl product that tends to limit the perspiration and the surface absorption and thus limiting perspiration and disposal of condensate which accumulates on the surface.
– In particularly difficult cases, where you may need advice or expert opinion, our information center will provide assistance.
– The techniques and methods of application are shown briefly on instructions enclosed anyhow application of the product is never criticism. If the product will be absorbed by the wall (In any way), always and in any case will bring significant giovamenti whatever methods, the times and the means used.